What are cookies, and why do we use them?
Cookies are small files that we store in your browser or on the hard drive of your computer. They serve to remember your preferences for a subsequent visit to our website, so that we can improve your visitor experience. We also use them to collect statistics about our visitors, which we subsequently use to optimise our website and to map out personal preferences.
Do you want more detailed information about cookies? You can find it here.
Which types of cookies are used?
The cookies that are used on our website can be subdivided into a number of categories.
- Session cookies are cookies that keep track of certain preferences during a browsing session, but disappear when you close your browsing session.
- Permanent cookies are cookies that are permanently placed on your device, at least until their duration period expires (this duration varies by type of cookie).
- First-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a website that is being visited by a user at that time. These are their own cookies.
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a domain name other than that of the website being visited by a user. These are cookies from a third party (e.g. Google).
- Technical cookies are cookies that are necessary for the optimal functioning of a website, in order to display certain graphic elements, etc.
- Analytical cookies are cookies used to compile statistics on the number of visitors to a website, to determine the most popular web pages, etc. (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Tracking cookies are cookies that are used to track website visitors over the Internet and subsequently, for example, to offer them personalised advertisements based on their surfing behaviour.
What is the effect of cookies on your privacy?
Which cookies do we use on this website and for what purposes?
|_gid||Analytical||Registers a unique ID to generate statistics of visitor activities on the website.||1 day|
|_ga||Analytical||Registers a unique ID to generate statistics of visitor activities on the website.||2 years|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||Analytical||This cookie is used to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a true / false flag set by the cookie.||30 minutes|
|_hjTLDTest||Analytical||Detects the SEO ranking for the current website. This is a third-party cookie of an analytics service.||session|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||Analytical||Hotjar cookie. Determines whether the navigation activities of the user meet the requirements for being tracked in a statistical placeholder.||session|
|_hjFirstSeen||Analytical||This is set to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true / false value, indicating whether this was the first time Hotjar saw this user. It is used by Recording filters to identify new user sessions.||session|
|_hjid||Analytical||Hotjar cookie that is set when the customer first lands on a page with the Hotjar script. It is used to retain the Hotjar User ID, unique to that site, in the browser. This ensures that behaviour on subsequent visits to the same site will be attributed to the same user ID.||1 year|
Set when a user first lands on a page. Stores the Hotjar User ID that is unique to that site. Ensures that data from subsequent visits to the same site is assigned to the same user ID.
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||Analytical||Set to determine if a user is included in the data sampling defined by your site's daily session limit.||30 minutes|
Keeps track of the current session data. Ensures that subsequent requests in the session window are assigned to the same session.
|Cookie Control||Necessary||This cookie is set by the cookie compliance solution of Cookie Control. It stores information about the categories of cookies the site uses and whether visitors have given or withdrawn consent for the use of each category. This enables site owners to prevent cookies in each category from being set in the user's browser in the absence of consent. The cookie has a normal life cycle of 90 days to ensure that returning visitors to the site remember their preferences. It does not contain information that can identify the site visitor.||90 days|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Marketing||Tries to estimate user bandwidth on pages with embedded YouTube videos.||179 days|
|YSC||Marketing||Records a unique ID to track statistics on how many YouTube videos the user has viewed.||session|
How can you manage your cookies?
You can manage your cookies through your browser settings. Here, you will find the instructions for:
Do you still have any questions or comments?